Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Beyond Black and White, The Painful Reality

     We chose clothing that fits our personalities. What we wear speaks volumes about who we are and many first impressions are formed by our looks. The messages that we send can change though out the day. Suits and ties or a nice button down blouse and midi skirt for at the office shows that we mean business. Jeans and a t-shirt or a mini dress that hugs every curve for clubbing at night.

     We also use color to manipulate how we are seen by others. I know that the ladies understand this concept very well, after all that little black dress can be irresistible to look at. We use dark colors to mean business and bight colors for fun and uplifting times.

     Rarely do we dress from head to toe with the some colors, but will use complimentary colors to provide variety and to make an even bigger statement, though that LBD is enough of a statement on its own.  Even in the office we layer our colors that is what ties a outfit together. There are layers of solid colors, patterned colors of every imaginable variety and we even will use stripes. Yes, I did say stripes.

     Stripes are not my favorite choice for outfits. In fact I prefer the basic solid colors and yes I have been referred to as boring and unimaginative when choosing outfits. Another fact is that I have a tendency to be challenged when mixing colors. I think certain colors work together that don't or certain colors don't work together that do. I can be forever grateful for the abundance of color charts that are available.

     I believe that I mentioned that I am not a fan of stripes. Wide stripes I can live with a little better than micro stripes. In fact the worst thing of all is black and white micro stripes. Who ever thought that micro stripes, specifically black and white micro stripes, were a good thing really does not understand the pain that is inflicted on society, or at least a segment of the population.

     Take the a beautiful woman and have her put on a black and white micro stripe dress and you have detracted from her beauty. Further more, she becomes painful to look at. The black and white micro stripes have too much contrast with each other and optically it screws with the eyes. Further more, speaking from experience, it can trigger migraines and yes there are plenty of migraine suffers out there that are plunged into a painful day. All because you wore micro stripes. Even if for some odd reason the migraine does not present itself a headache is definitely triggered.

     I suffer from migraines. I suffer from looking at micro stripes. Please help alleviate the pain that we migraine suffers face by leaving the micro stripes behind. Please remember that no matter how beautiful your are, you could be the cause of someones migraines if you choose to wear micro stripes.

     Yes, there is a reason that I inserted the picture at the end of the my writing. Just from the short time I took to edit the photo and to utilize it for my social media postings I have started to get a headache. I hope that you enjoy my short rant about black and white micro stripes and will have some sympathy for others by leaving the black and white micro stripes alone.

Now where's the pain killers!

     I have no scientific basis for and of the information provided in the text above. Everything written here is just my opinions that I have formed from personal experience, observation, and from others I have spoken to.    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment